Monday, March 31, 2014

City Adventure

This past weekend Billy and I had a family wedding event both Friday and Saturday night. We decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in the city! Thanks to Eileen's husband - we stayed at the Conrad Hilton in the heart of the city. We were able to walk to all of our events and not have to worry about coordinating taxis, designated drivers, or traffic! It also gave us time to relaxing in the city on Saturday before the wedding.

My husband,being the good sport that he is, accompanied me to one of my favorite art spots in our city, The Cultural Center of Chicago. The Cultural Center is housed in the old library and has amazing architectural features, wonderful art exhibits, and has all sorts of interesting Chicago displays and it is all FREE to the public!

As I approach The Cultural Center its massive stone structure always impresses me! 


This is just one corner of the very ornate staircases which span 5 floors of the building.

I LOVE the intricate mosaics which are in many hallways

One of the exhibits this time was video. I have yet to embrace the ART of video. Maybe I just don't have enough patience to sit through a 30 minute production?!

 
 
There are always the simple beauties to be found on an adventure-the swirl in my cup of coffee was lovely!
 The hotel had a number of beautiful touches of art as well.
 
This is a cool outdoor exhibit which during the summer is part of a fountain.
 
Here is a link to the audio which my "WAY AWESOME" husband figured out the technology...
 
 
 
 
Go find an adventure!
 
Lucy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment