Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Day is really a warm-up for the WHOLE Holiday season

Thanksgiving week was a short work week, BUT a high intensity home and food prep week. I was lucky to have Wednesday off and even luckier that our amazing daughter Virginia was willing to do all of the Thanksgiving food prep with me Wednesday afternoon and evening. Our son James and his family made it to our home on Wednesday evening. It was 3 days of watching baby Audrey crawl around and babble at all that she encountered. She especially seemed entranced with our wired-hair dachshund - Purl.

Like many families, we had the traditional Thanksgiving feast and all sorts of extended family over to celebrate the day. But I think my favorite part of this weekend was Friday night when our family just laid around and played Trivial Pursuit in front of the fire!

Every year I have grand plans for making most of my gifts. At the very least I create small ornaments for my co-workers and friends. This year I am a bit behind on my holiday gift production. My energy has been going into HeARTfelt classes (3 December classes are still available... follow the getlostintheprocess link to sign-up!) BUT I have 25 days to crank out some knitwear, cards and ornaments....

                                                                    www.getlostintheprocess.com


These birds were decorating the Anthropologie window. Can't get them out of my mind...I think I am going to have to come up with a pattern to recreate...change a bit to make them my own!

Virginia's girlfriend Zoe is in crunch time- her portfolio is due! She spent a good part of her vacation creating watercolors of her collection. She is an amazing designer, I think we will all be hearing about her in the future...


 Friday, during the day, while watching the "best baby in the whole wide world" I made these mitts for our granddaughter.


Our town has a tree lighting ceremony on Friday evening. We missed Santa on the firetruck lighting the tree, but it was still quite fun to walk around our town.


  The highlight of my weekend-being with my family all together just enjoying each other's company.

I am doing SUPER simple decorations this year....

                                                                                           Have a wonderful week.
                                                                                                       Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment