Sunday, May 18, 2014

MKays Roses...

My sister Mary Kay lives near Palm Springs California, quite a different planting zone than the Midwest that I live in. But she has always given me advise on growing roses.  Every time I prune I think of her. It is something that has bonded us while miles apart.

She has been battling cancer for the past 4 years.  Her attitude is amazing.  I was lucky enough to spend some time with her and Frank recently.  It was wonderful to see them, share some laughs and of course some hugs.

Seeing her roses in full bloom made me smile.  You can tell she has nurtured them and given them a lot of attention.  Just as she has many of the things she loves.

Beautiful aren't they?











I know this isn't a rose and it leaves a mess on their drive way but isn't this tree stunning?  Love the flower clusters and the textures of the trunk.  Amazing.



I am so lucky to have sisters.  Love them so much.

Eileen



No comments:

Post a Comment