Thursday, December 5, 2013

Why do we lose touch?

Part of my postcard project was to reach out to people who I have not spoken to in a while.  I have never been good at picking up the phone and calling someone I have not spoken to in a long time and ask them to lunch.  Why not? I would love it if someone did it to me.  It happened.  I got a call from Ramona, whom I have not spoken to in 3 years, asking me to lunch after she received my post card.  I also got a couple of emails from others.  How great is that?  What can I learn from this? I should reach out to the people who have influenced my life for the better.  I feel warm and smile when I think about them.  THOSE are the people I should reach out to. I am not on Facebook and I am sure some of you do this on this site.  I am going to do it the more old fashioned way through my 50th year.  A postcard...a phone call...see what happens...

These are a few other postcards and who I sent them to...

I sent this to Tim who I have not seen or spoken to in 10 years.  It was inspired by the Milwaukee Art Museum.




This was inspired by the mold on the leaves as I was racking.  Sent to Ramona...



This my 7 month old  puppy Nellie ate and I did not send to anyone.  That dang dog...but she is sooo cute.  



See what I mean?



I am working on my "compendium" for my creativity class.  As soon as I figure out what a compendium is I will let you all know...

Eileen







No comments:

Post a Comment