Monday, April 28, 2014

Chair Project

  Thought you might be interested in my progress on the charity project I was asked to work on. Last I wrote I was dyeing fabric and trying to figure out a design. All fabric has been dyed and now I am in the nitty-gritty of construction.


Here is the chair which Eileen and I found on one of our walks. I really thought I was going to have to buy a wing back chair for this project-but this is the one I found on the curb!



 Background fabric and the screen printed fabric I created at Lill Street which plays a significant part in this project.
Here is the applique process I use to tell a story in my quilts.



Stitching adds depth and texture to the piece.
Design on my basement floor.
 Knit birds will adorn the quilt covered chair-not sure about the nest though.

The Chair project is being put on hold while I go meet our grandbaby!

No comments:

Post a Comment