Monday, June 2, 2014

Ceramics...final project

As I have lamented I have quit ceramics because of asthma issues but I was able to finish my last few pieces.I have always been drawn to the sculpture aspect of ceramics and not the practical application.  I do admit it would have been nice if I had made to at least one mug.






Facial features studies.  I have some extra noses, does anyone need one?



The one o the right is new.  A little barnacle tile.


Here is my bird sculpture.  I entitled it "Begin Again" after my creativity class.  I used clay and old house parts.  The base is from a column from an old front porch.

John Michael Rich from the Art Institute commented that he liked the mirror effect to represent the past and the future. 


Here are the close ups







Feels good to finish projects.

Eileen





No comments:

Post a Comment